Feedback: Mexico Equip Trip – March 10-13, 2016
Hey CITC family – we wanted to share about last weekend’s Mexico Equip trip that a handful of our folks participated in. Here are some blurbs and pictures from some of the team members:
From Ann Johnson
· Mat Philip preached at Eden Church, a church we are beginning to get to know, and in the following ministry time Anthony Moreno helped guide a person in prayer to accepted Christ for the first time. We believe a total of 6 people were saved during the trip.
· The Equip theme was “The Role of the Church in Difficult Times”. One of the main messages as preached by Terry Kreuger: “What does the church need to do in difficult times? Preach the gospel! What does the church need to do in good times? Preach the gospel!” Jody Romero, Marco Elizalde, Jaime Ibarra and Dr. Isaac Trejo all preached messages encouraging the church to pray for THE church to be the place where people encounter Jesus, who our only hope no matter the circumstances.
· Mat, Anne and Anthony trained lay people in two churches to do health screenings. Some of the churches are in poorer areas where diabetes, high blood pressure, and depression are common and go untreated. We held a meeting with the three NCMI churches to start laying out medical ministry support, where doctors, nurses and most importantly firefighters (inside joke) can help train lay people in the church to do health screening. It will involve regular communication and help acquiring supplies. The beginnings involve training people how to check blood pressure and blood sugar, and how to do the Heimlich maneuver on all ages and sizes of people and CPR. Planned for the near future, skype training meetings and health screening fairs that NCMI folks can participate in.
· Tacos, Tacos, Tacos!
From Mat Philip
– Ann prophetically prayed for one of the church leaders and powerfully encouraged her to keep evangelizing especially to her family.
– The trip wouldn’t have been possible without Ann. Coordinating amazingly well, translating, building relationship between churches and prophetically praying!
– Ann Moreno trained 4 nurses at one of our partner churches, and trained lay people at another partner church. The purpose of the health screenings is to link discussions about physical health to discussions on spiritual health. We want people to know that Jesus loves them and cares about them and healing them in all areas of their life!
– Everyone on the trip contributed in palpable ways and it was a total team effort!!!
From Anthony Moreno
The trip was nothing like I thought it would be but somehow everything I knew it would be and more! We had incredible memories and got to know you guys a little more as well as some of the story of God’s work through TK and Jody in Mexico. Anne and I received confirmation into our giftings and what He wants to accomplish through us. Great trip over all!
Praise God for what He has done and is doing among our brothers and sisters in Mexico!